Samick Greg Bennett Design OM8CE Orchestra Cutaway Acoustic-Electric GuitarSamick
Every generation of players has a group that sees the guitar as a work of art, as much as they see it as an instrument. To address the needs of this group, builders have been crafting guitars that are intricately embellished with pearl and abalone inlays, since the 1800’s.
The CONTINENTAL™ series acoustics fully embrace the concept of crafting a guitar as a piece of art, while at the same time, crafting a guitar with superior performance characteristics. These beautiful instruments combine a solid cedar top with rosewood sides and back. The solid cedar top produces serious power and warmth without sacrificing clarity and definition.
Finally, let’s not forget the abalone type inlay work; the abalone type face trim and traditional slotted square inlays give this guitar an understated elegance that will make the serious player beam with pride.
What was refurbished on this guitar:
- Orchestra body shape with cutaway
- Solid cedar top
- Rosewood back and sides
- Nato mahogany set neck
- Fishman® Clearwave™ 50 preamp with onboard tuner, 4-band EQ, volume & low-battery light
- Rosewood fretboard with slotted square inlays
- Rosewood bridge
- Grover® 14:1 ratio die-cast tuners
- Abalone rosette
- Gold hardware
- White body binding with abalone top purfling
- Tortoiseshell pickguard
- 20 frets
- 1.69" nut width
- 25.5" scale length
- 15.375" body width (at widest)
- 4.375" body depth (at deepest)
- Natural gloss finish