Guild Starfire II Newark St. Collection Semi-Hollowbody Electric BassGuild
Guild is proud to introduce the Starfire Bass II, a dual-pickup semi-hollow bass guitar that brings additional sonic options to one of Guild’s most iconic models. The Starfire Bass II originally debuted in 1967, shortly after the single-pickup version, and quickly garnered a following that included Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane) and Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead). The addition of the BiSonic BS-1 neck pickup on the Starfire Bass II gives bassists a warmer, smooth sound for added tonal flexibility. This double cutaway bass guitar features an arched laminate mahogany top and back, and mahogany sides, dual Guild BS-1 pickups, individual volume, tone, and master volume knobs, and a pickup selector switch. A clear, high gloss finish highlights this bass guitar’s natural beauty. The Starfire Bass II brings Guild’s vintage vibe to the modern bass player.
Condition: When this guitar came in from the factory, the authorized refurbisher couldn't find anything wrong with it. No repairs or modifications were made to the guitar - they simply gave it a set-up and left it alone. Bass is in mint condition. Action at the 12th fret is currently set to 5/64" (bass side) and 4/64" (treble side). Neck is straight and the bass plays great with this low-action set-up! Electronics are in perfect working order. Unlike most refurbished guitars, the back of the headstock is NOT stamped "used" and the original serial # is still intact.
- 2017 model
- Weight = 8.6 lbs.
- Semi-hollow laminated mahogany body
- 3-piece mahogany/maple set neck with vintage soft "U" profile
- Guild® BS-1 BiSonic dual-coil pickup (neck)
- Guild® BS-1 BiSonic dual-coil pickup (bridge)
- 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs, 3-way toggle switch
- Indian rosewood fretboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Guild® adjustable bass bridge with rosewood saddles
- Grover® 142 Series vintage open-gear tuners
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Ivory body binding
- Bone nut
- 21 narrow-jumbo frets
- 1.6875" nut width
- 30.75" scale length
- 16.375" body width (at widest)
- 1.75" body depth (at deepest)
- Cherry Red gloss finish