Gretsch G9240 Alligator Biscuit Round-Neck Acoustic Resonator GuitarGretsch
When you play chunk rhythm, finger-style, bottleneck or anything else, the all-mahogany deluxe-appointed G9240 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck resonator guitar projects its distinctively swampy tones all the way to the back door of any dance hall. Like all fine Gretsch resonator guitars, the vital feature of the G9240 is the all-new Gretsch "Ampli-Sonic" diaphragm (resonator cone). Hand-spun in Eastern Europe from nearly 99-percent pure aluminum, the Ampli-Sonic diaphragm yields an impressive quality and volume of tone.
Condition: When this guitar came in from the factory, the only issue found by the authorized refurbisher was a few scratches over the cover plate (see photo). No repairs or modifications were made to the guitar - they simply gave it a set-up and left it alone. Aside from the minor scratches, the guitar looks mint. When we received the guitar, we set the action at the 12th fret to 5/64" on the bass side and 4/64" on the treble side. Guitar plays great with this low-action set-up! Back of the headstock is stamped "used" and original serial # has been replaced with a new one.
- Laminated mahogany resonator body with dual "F" holes
- Mahogany set neck with medium "V" shape
- Gretsch® Ampli-Sonic™ aluminum resonator cone
- Rosewood fretboard with dot inlays
- Biscuit bridge with ebony-tipped maple saddle
- Grover® Sta-Tite™ open-gear tuners with black buttons
- Bone nut
- 19 medium-jumbo frets
- 1.75" nut width
- 25" scale length
- 14.1875" body width (at widest)
- 3.5" body depth (at deepest)
- 2-Color Sunburst semi-gloss finish