Gretsch G9201 Honey Dipper Metal Round-Neck Acoustic Resonator GuitarGretsch
One strum of the Honey Dipper transports you back 80 years to a hobo jungle just off the tracks, where wandering workers congregate in camaraderie and where the comforting and captivating strains of a real all-metal resonator guitar waft through the smoke of oil-drum fires and enchant the ears with a sound like raindrops beating on a rusty pump house roof. The very sound and look of this fine Gretsch creation will make you want to free yourself of the damning confines of your office, your cubicle or whatever it is that enslaves you and hop the next train to anywhere with a smile on your face as big as the sky and a song in your heart.
Condition: When this guitar came in from the factory, the authorized refurbisher couldn't find anything wrong with it. No repairs or modifications were made to the guitar - they simply gave it a set-up and left it alone. Guitar is mint. Action at the 12th fret is currently set to 5/64" (bass side) and 4/64" (treble side). Guitar plays great with this low-action set-up! Back of the headstock is stamped "used" and original serial # has been replaced with a new one.
- 2018 model
- Weight = 8.4 lbs.
- Bell brass resonator body with dual "F" holes
- Mahogany set neck with medium "V" shape
- Gretsch® Ampli-Sonic™ aluminum resonator cone
- Rosewood fretboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Biscuit bridge with ebony-tipped maple saddle
- Grover® Sta-Tite™ open-gear tuners with black buttons
- Bone nut
- 19 medium-jumbo frets
- 1.75" nut width
- 25" scale length
- 14.125" body width (at widest)
- 3.5" body depth (at deepest)
- Weathered "Pump House Roof" finish