Epiphone Les Paul Custom Classic Pro Limited Edition Electric GuitarEpiphone
The Les Paul Custom made its debut in 1954 after the initial success of the Les Paul Goldtop. Mr. Les Paul himself wanted to convey to audiences that the solid body electric guitar was not a fad but a superb and challenging instrument and that his signature axe, the Les Paul, was the king of all electric solid body guitars. So, Les requested a Les Paul with a custom color finish in solid black and solid white with gold hardware that would blend well with a tuxedo.
The result was the Les Paul Custom, or the "tuxedo" Les Paul, as it became known among fans. The Les Paul Custom quickly became one of the most recognized guitars in the world and Les himself used his Les Paul Custom in concert, on his weekly television show with wife Mary Ford and on his album covers, including his famous duet with pal Chet Atkins, Chester and Lester.
Now with Gibson USA 490R and 498T open-coil pickups with the Custom's classic gold hardware, fully bound body, neck and headstock, and pearloid trapezoid inlays, we think you'll agree that the Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO is "dressed to kill."
What was refurbished on this guitar:
- Limited edition "Custom Shop" model
- Mahogany body with maple veneer top
- Mahogany set neck with 1960's SlimTaper™ "D" profile
- Gibson® USA 490R™ open-coil humbucker pickup (neck)
- Gibson® USA 498T™ open-coil humbucker pickup (bridge)
- 2 volume knobs with push/pull coil-tap, 2 tone knobs, 3-way toggle switch
- Rosewood fretboard w/ pearloid trapezoid inlays
- LockTone™ TOM bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Epiphone® Deluxe 14:1 ratio vintage-style tuners
- Gold hardware
- Antiqued white body, neck and headstock binding
- 22 medium-jumbo frets
- 1.68" nut width
- 24.75" scale length
- Ebony gloss finish