Epiphone Brent Hinds Flying V Custom Electric GuitarEpiphone
This limited edition Epiphone Flying-V Custom solidbody electric guitar is the signature model of Mastodon's maniacal main man, Brent Hinds. The guitar's sustain and full tones emanate from a combination of mahogany and ebony. Two Hinds signature Lace Sensor Hammer Claws humbucking pickups cut right through any mix with enough punch to conjure massive amounts of gain. And the limited edition Epiphone Brent Hinds Flying-V Custom will proudly capture your crowd's attention with its Silverburst finish and sharp-looking ornamentation.
Condition: When this guitar came in from the factory, the only issue found by the authorized refurbisher was a minor finish flaw on the side of the body (see photo). No repairs or modifications were made to the guitar - they simply gave it a set-up and left it alone. Aside from the minor cosmetic flaw, the guitar is mint. Neck is perfectly straight and the action at the 12th fret is currently set to 5/64" on the bass side and 4/64" on the treble side. The chunky "baseball bat" neck plays really smooth and the set-up is ideal for fast shredding! Electronics are in perfect working order. Back of the headstock is stamped "2nd" and original serial # has been replaced with a new one.
- 2017 model
- Weight = 7.6 lbs.
- Mahogany body
- Mahogany set neck with "1958" rounded shape
- Lace® USA Brent Hinds Signature Hammer Claws™ humbucker pickup (neck)
- Lace® USA Brent Hinds Signature Hammer Claws™ humbucker pickup (bridge)
- 2 volume knobs, master tone knob with push-push GT KillPot™, 3-way toggle switch
- Ebony fretboard with pearloid block inlays
- LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge
- Traditional "V" string-thru-body tailpiece
- Grover® Rotomatic™ 18:1 ratio die-cast tuners
- Nickel hardware
- Cream body, neck and headstock binding
- 5-layer black pickguard
- 22 medium-jumbo frets
- 1.6875" nut width
- 24.75" scale length
- Silverburst gloss finish