Alvarez MFA70 Masterworks Series All Solid Folk/OM Acoustic GuitarAlvarez
A Super looking OM with excellent response and overall tone, and a real all round guitar suitable for most playing styles. The classic combination of Sitka and Rosewood deliver clear bass and brilliant trebles. The handcrafted Paua abalone purfling frames the AA Sitka and gives the MFA70 a classic and sophisticated look.
Nothing can really match a guitar made from all-solid wood. The deflection of the notes is quicker, the quality of the sound is better, you can obtain optimal response and the sound of your guitar will improve as it ages.
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of our culture. Alvarez guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes. Our tone woods are carefully cured; our components such as neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed. The painting, sanding and polishing techniques we use are continually researched and developed, and our tone is impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively sound box.
What was refurbished on this guitar:
- Folk/OM body shape
- Solid AA Sitka spruce top
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides
- 1-piece mahogany set neck with soft "V" profile
- Rosewood fretboard with mother-of-pearl 12th fret inlay
- Rosewood bi-level bridge
- Abalone and rosewood rosette
- Premium die-cast gold tuners with ebony buttons
- Maple body binding with abalone top purfling
- Real bone nut and saddle
- 21 frets
- 1.75" nut width
- 24.875" scale length
- 15.3125" body width (at widest)
- 4.1875" body depth (at deepest)
- Natural gloss finish